Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bracket – Hunger

The second issue of Bracket features 16 visionaries who have pursued their hunger to create change in the world.

“Emerson wrote that a man’s ambition is proportional to his abilities, that “the height of the pinnacle is determined by the breadth of his base.” These are the words of a hungry man. And if we follow their logic, then what we have in this issue are snapshots of sixteen motherfucking mountains.”

Excerpt of foreword by Jack Cheng




I found out about Bracket (published by the Republic of Singapore-based think tank Anonymous) while reading the STACK blog today. That foreword excerpt has me so curious. They even interviewed Heydays for this issue! You can purchase the PDF online here, but if you are like me, you probably want to hold (and smell) this beautiful signature of newsprint. I wish I could afford the $25 to ship it to my American doorstep, but I cannot. I will probably buy it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment